About Us :
The NCC unit at BIHER functions under the guidance of Associate NCC Officer - CAPTAIN. Dr. R. Udayakumar, Professor, Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology who has completed the Direct Commission Refresher Course which is conducted for NCC officers in Officer Training Academy-KAMPTEE.
The objective of National Cadet Corps is to develop character, comradeship, and capacity for leadership among youth in India. NCC at BIHER motivates the students with best training and the ideals of selfless service. The training inculcates team spirit, a sense of nationalism and it also helps in developing the overall personality of an individual. The BIHER NCC was started in 1996 as a Independent Company. The first and the second year students are enrolled for the duration of three years. NCC parades are regularly conducted in BIST Ground on every Saturday from 7.00 to 11.00 AM as per Parade Schedule. Pre-parade meeting is also conducted in front of the NCC Office on every Friday from 4.30 to 5.30 PM
The NCC cadets actively participate in the Independence Day and Republic Day celebration in the campus. Annual Training Camp, Republic Day Camp (RDC - New Delhi), Inter Group Competitions (IGC), National Integration Camp (NIC) and special camps like Trekking Camp, Firing Camp are held periodically.
- Started in the year 1996, as a independent company.
- Dr. V. Kannan is the first NCC Co-ordinator on 21st May 1996.
- Enrollment of 20 cadets done on 19th July 1996.
- First Pa rade was held on 15th August 1996 at the College Ground from 7am to 11am.
- Tree plantation programme was conducted on 28th September 1996 and it was inagurated by Hon'ble Dr.S. Jagathrakshagan, M.P.
- Cadets attend their first camp on 17th December 1996 at Tiruveni Academy.
- We conducted, a free medical checkup on 5th August 1997 in college premise(Selaiyur).
- Mr. Radhakrishnan, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering took a charge as a caretaker
- Dr. R. Udayakumar, Professor, Dept. of Information Technology took charge as caretaker from 24th January 2008.
- Lt. Dr. R. Udayakumar becomes a First Associate NCC officer of BIST Direct commissioned on 1st June 2009.
- University flag has been designed and hoisted on 15th August 2010 by BIHER NCC.
- Anti Plastic Rally was organised from Tambaram to Selaiyur Campus(About 4 KM) on 10th September 2011.
- Former NCC cadet captain DG Enoch gave an seminar about how to join in Indian Army at the College auditorium on 06th November 2012.
- DDG NCC Commodore K.S.Aiyappa visited our campus on 22nd March 2012.
- Conducted CATC-TSC-RDC camp from 20th - 29th June 2012 in University campus.
- Enrollment of Girls NCC started on 2012 with 14 students.
- Basic leadership camp was conducted from 19th - 28th July 2013 at the University Campus.
- 8 cadets of our college selected for Advanced Leadership Camp at Tuticorin from 02nd - 13th December 2013.
- CSM Premnath won 1st place in group discussion in Advanced Leadership Camp.
- NCC Book was prepared by Lt. Dr. R. Udayakumar, ANO and was released first time in Tamilnadu at Basic Leadership Camp held in our university campus.
Psychometric tests are conducted all through the year at the centre. During the summer vacations these tests are conducted in special batches to cater to the rush that there is at that time.
Tests conducted are those to measure Aptitude, IQ, Interests and Personality. Once the tests are completed, explanations are given of the test results and guidance is provided accordingly.
Anti Sexual Harassment Cell
As per the guidelines of University Grants Commission and the Supreme Court an Anti Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by the Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research to provide healthy and congenial atmosphere between staff members and students of BIHER.
- Dr. J. Hameed Hussain, Chairman
- Dr. K.P. Kaliyamurthie, Member
- Dr. Saravanan, Member
- Dr. R. Vasuki, Member
- Mr. P. Vasu, Supervisor,
It was decided, the cell constituted would meet the following objectives:
- to develop guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment.
- to develop principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment.
- to work out details for the implementation of the policy
- to prepare a detailed plan of actions, both short and long term.
- to collaborate with the Women’s Study Cell, Women’s Christian College,
- to organize gender sensitization awareness program.
Till now no cases of sexual harassment at workplace has been registered.
Women's Grievance Redressal CellHandbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
In the current scenario we find multitudes of women marching towards success in their personal and professional lives. Behind the confidence and strength of these women lies the feminine grace that fights all the odds that come their way and we at SLIMS, wish to take this opportunity and form a team of leaders who would represent the various problems battled by the students, staff and faculty members.
Women's Grievance Redressal Cell is a growing community of women in BIHER, who share a common purpose to learn, educate and collaborate on ideas that have the power to effect meaningful and positive change while fighting the odds they face
Women's Grievances Redressal Cell
HOD – Dept. of Biomedical Engg.
0 – 98849 43139
Time: 2PM – 5PM