- To become a benchmark research Centre for the field of Aerospace Engineering providing solutions to problems specifically relating to the area of Aerospace Sciences.
- To form a multidisciplinary team of scientists and scholars which can take up challenging research problems even in areas that are not directly related to Aerospace engineering.
- To develop into a world class research center that can support research on a global scale.
We will achieve excellence through identifying and promoting
Guided by relentless focus on these three factors, we will constantly strive to achieve our vision. In doing this, we will deliver operational excellence in every aspect of the research activities of the centreand meet or exceed our commitments to the many agencies and organizations we serve. All our long term strategies and short term actions will be moulded by a set of core values that are shared by each and every associate.
- Subsonic, Supersonic and Hypersonic Flow Dynamics
- Combustion Analysis
- Aero-thermodynamic Analysis
- Vehicle Aerodynamics
- Heat Transfer Analysis
- Fluid Structure Interactions
Subsonic Wind Tunnel
In the aerodynamics laboratory of BIHER, a low speed wind tunnel of following specification is available.
|Test section Length||2 ft|
|Test section Width||2 ft|
|Test section Height||2 ft|
|Motor Power||20 hp|
|Maximum Velocity||60 m/s|
Beam Testing Apparatus
- Cantilever beam analysis
- Simple supported beam analysis
- Propped cantilever beam analysis
- Overhanging beam analysis
- Fixed support beam analysis
- Continuous beam analysis
Digital Sensor Array
Features and Specifications
- +/- .05% full scale long term accuracy
- 500Hz/channel sampling speed
- Multiple pressure ranges available per DSA
- Vacuum, 5 inch H20 up to 750 psi pressure range
- Auto zero offset correction
The model DSA3217 is versatile and one of our more popular pressure scanners. It measures up to 16 gas pressures in many applications. These applications include wind tunnel test for buildings, aerospace and automotive aerodynamic tests, gas turbine testing, compressor testing as well as other turbomachinery tests, flow measurement across an orifice, wind turbine aerodynamic validations, etc. Available options include a common reference pressure or individual reference. For applications that require a more rugged pressure scanner, Scanivalve's DSA3218 may be a viable option.
List of the Projects(Completed)
|1.||Numerical Studies on Non – Circular Jets with Swirling Co- Flow||Internal||BIHER||Rs.2,00,000/-||Completed|
|2.||Computational Studies on Mixing Characteristics of Star Shaped Free Jet||Internal||BIHER||Rs.150,000/-||Completed|
|3.||Experimental Investigation of wake behind non-circular cones with flow control||Internal||BIHER||Rs.125,000/-||Completed|
List of the Projects(On Going...)
|1.||Effect of Nose Bluntness on Hypersonic Air Intake Flow field||External||DST||Rs.7,51,000/-||Ongoing|
|2.||Experimental Investigation of Wake Behind Elliptic Cones With Flow Control||Internal||BIHER||Rs.600,000/-||Ongoing|
Aerospace engineering is a multi-disciplinary stream. Every engineering field contributes towards the design and manufacture of aircraft. Keeping this in mind it is planned to form a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers who can bring in innovative ideas which will make the center excel in the design of futuristic airplanes.