National service Scheme provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and universities to develop their personality through community services. Community services rendered by University level students have covered several aspects like adoption of villages for intensive development work, mass tree plantation, technology transfer programmes, technologies for rural development, various training programmes for self-help groups and rural youth etc., Considering the benefits Bharath University has made NSS Compulsory at UG level for the first two years.
I am happy to learn the activities carried out by the NSS volunteers in Engineering Colleges in Bharath University on the theme HEALTHY YOUTH FOR HEALTH INDIA, for pollution free environment, Voter Awareness programme, Tree plantation, polio drops, Blood Donation Camps, General Health Camps, Creation of awareness among the public on HIV/AIDS etc.
I Congrats all NSS Students and participants in the Bharath university NSS cell
Like last year, the year 2016-2017 shall be another year with vibrant NSS activities on the theme HEALTHY YOUTH FOR HEALTH INDIA. The Hand Book suggest only a few activities to be carried out, there could be many more.
I am sure that the volunteers will work towards bringing up the name of their institutions and Bharath University through the NSS activities.
NSS ANNUAL REPORT
National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhi Centenary year, 1969 and aimed at developing student’s personality through community service. The overall objective of National Service is Educational. This objective is attained through the service to the community
The overall objective of NSS is Personality Development through community service.
The broad objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural diaster and
- Practice national integration and social harmony