About the Department
Mechanical engineers require a solid understanding of key concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, energy and manufacturing. They use these principles in the design and analysis of automobiles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, buildings and bridges, industrial equipment & machinery, and many more.
To provide an excellent academic environment for the benefit of students and faculty for acquiring innovative technological competence synonymous with human dignity and service to the society.
- M1: To create an environment that emphasizes teaching excellence and meets the educational and personal needs of students through effective teaching, academic advising, counselling, and through university-sponsored cultural, recreational, and extracurricular programs.
- M2: Promoting research and development by giving hands on experience of state of the art facilities.
- M3:To introduce innovations in the methods of instruction, research, extended education, and public service designed to educate people and improve the human condition.
- M4: To develop human resources, to discover and disseminate knowledge, to extend knowledge and its application beyond the boundaries of its campuses, and to serve and stimulate society by developing in students heightened intellectual, cultural, and humane sensitivities; scientific, professional, and technological expertise; and a sense of purpose.
- M5:Promoting activities to cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship to the students and develop the personality skills of students.
- M6: To provide an excellent academic environment for the benefit of students and faculty for acquiring innovative technological competence synonymous with human dignity and service to the society.
The B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering is a comprehensive degree program. The goal of the mechanical engineering curriculum is to create a flexible undergraduate educational experience in design, mathematics, modeling, computing, management, engineering science, humanities, social sciences and fine arts. Principal study topics include fluid mechanics, thermodynamics & heat transfer, solid mechanics, materials engineering, manufacturing, energy systems, dynamics & control Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) and others.
Graduate study programs in CAD, CIM and Robotics are available in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. These programs prepare students for design positions that require skillful and imaginative solutions to solve engineering problems in their specializations.
The department offers Ph.D programs in all major area of Mechanical Engineering like design, thermal and manufacturing engineering in both fulltime and parttime mode. Research areas include Nano, Alternate Fuel for IC Engines, Cold Thermal Storage, BioCAD, Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV).
Board of Studies
|R. Raja, Professor & Head||Chairman|
|S. Nakkeeran, Professor||Member|
|Jose Ananth Vino, Asst. Professor||Member|
|C.M. Meenakshi, Asst. Professor||Member|
|S. Thirumavalavan, Asst. Professor||Member|
|G. Sucharitha, Asst. Professor||Member|
|Thirumavalavan, Professor, Anna University, Chennai||Member|
|K.G. Kumaraswamy, Professor, KCG College of Engineering, Chennai||Member|
- Audio Visual Smart Lecture Theatre
- Innovation Based Manufacturing Research Lab 3D-Printer Engraving Machine Thermal Image Camera
- Department Library
- High Speed Wi-Fi Facility
- Advanced Software
(Hyper Mesh, Mathcad, Mat Lab, Creo 3.0, Ansys 16, Solid Works, Pre-Cut Lathe & Mill)
- Reprography Facility Xerox Machine Printer Cum Scanner
- CNC Lathe and Mill
- Solar Energy System
- Sewage Reconditioning For Irrigation
- Professional Bodies-(SAE,ISTE,IEEE,NCC,NSS)
|Under graduate Programmes Offered|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering|
|POs / SOs|
|Mission Vs PEOs Mapping|
|PEOs Vs POs Mapping|
|Curriculum vs PEOs Mapping|
|Curriculum vs POs Mapping|
|Curriculum & Syllabus|
|Prerequisites & Co requisites Table|
|Post graduate Programmes Offered|
|M.Tech Thermal Engineering|
|POs / SOs|
|Curriculum & Syllabus|
|M.Tech Machine Design|
|POs / SOs|
|Curriculum & Syllabus|
Awards and Achievements
|Sl.No.||Name of the Faculty||Name of the Award||Held at||Year|
|1||Dr. G.Balakrishnan, Professor||Proficiency Award in B. Sc. (Physics).||Vivekananda college, Tiruvedagam, Madurai.||1997|
|2||Mr.S.Nakkeeran,Assistant professor||Best Teacher Award||S.A Engg.college||2005|
|3||Dr.Balambica, Associate Professor||Mtech- Gold Medallist||Bharath institue of higher education and research||2005|
|4||Dr.S.Ravindran,Dean & Hod||Environment Award||6th World Environment Congress||2006|
|5||Dr.S.Ravindran,Dean & Hod||Best paper award for the paper||INCOFTECH – Edition II||2007|
|6||Mr.D.Ravi, Assistant professor||Good university Result||GSBT||2007|
|7||Dr. G.Balakrishnan, Professor||Best Paper Award.||International Symposium for Research Scholars, on Metallurgy, Materials science &Engineering (ISRS-2008) at IIT madras Chennai||2008|
|8||Dr. G.Balakrishnan||Best Paper Award||International conference on surface modification technology (SMT-2009), Kalpakkam||2009|
|9||S.Balaguru, Assistant professor||100% Result In Vel Tech||Vel Tech Multi Tech||2010|
|10||X.Charles, Associate professor||100% ResultAs Best Teacher||Dr.MGR University||2011|
|11||C.M.Meenakshi,Assistant professor||Best Teacher Award||Loyola Institute Of Technology||2011|
|12||C.M.Meenakshi,Assistant professor||M.E.(CAD)III Rank Holder||Sathyabama University||2012|
|13||R.J.GoldenRenjithNimal, Assistant professor||100% Result In University Exam||Lord Jegannath College Of Engineering And Technology||2012|
|11||Dr. G.Balakrishnan, Professor||Best Paper Award||International Symposium on Emerging Challenges for Metals andMaterials Kharagpur, Besu|
|12||Dr. G.Balakrishnan, Professor||Best Paper Award||Patel University, Gujarat.||2010|
|13||Ms.G.Sucharitha,Assistant professor||Best Teacher Award||Bharath institue of higher education and research||2012|
|14||Mr.S.Thirumavalavan,Assistant professor||Best Teacher Award||Bharath institue of higher education and research||2014|
|17||Dr.Balambica, Associate Professor||Best Teaching Award||Salalah college of Technology||2014|
|15||Dr.S.Ravindran,Assistant professor||TEACHER EXCELLENCE AWARD 2014||Navraj Educational & Charitable Trust, Coimbatore||2015|
- Mr.Anmol kumar Thakur, Mr.Aditya Aryan , received I prize and cash award of Rs.10,000/- from Dr. Leo O’brien, Chairman, National Aviation Institute, Ireland, in the Int. Project Contest VISAI 15, held at Vel Tech University, Feb., 23-24, 2015.
- Mr.Girish and Team wining III Prize in Indian Robotix League 2014, at BIST
- Mr.Akil C. Sekar win II place in paper presentation in MASCHINELL’15, at TEC, March 18, 2015.
- Mr.Anupraj win III place in Photo Contest in MASCHINELL’15, at T.E.C., March 18, 2015.
- Mr.Arun won III prize in Mr.Kanchipuram contest
|3rd-5th March 2013||International conference on Aeronautical, Automobile, Mechatronics & Mechanical Engineering Research (ICAAMMER-2013)|
|23rd, March 2015||Recent Trends In Mechanical Engineering Design, Manufacturing & Material Science|
|23rd, April 2013||National conference on mechanical engineering Research|
Seminar / Guest Lecture / Symposium
|07th, April 2015||MechoFest 2015 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|11th, February 2015||Guest Lecture on Recent Advancement and Development in Metrology|
|19th March 2014||Student Symposium Mechofest|
|3rd-4th February 2014||Keyway to Sponsored Research|
|31st January 2014||NPTEL ½ day Workshop on Learning|
|04th February 2014||Industrial Safety One day Workshop Industrial Safety|
|26 & 27th November 2014||3D Printing|
|18th March 2015||Inauguration of Entrepreneurship Development Cell|
|3rd - 6th March 2015||Women Empowerment cell|
|12th September 2014||Association Activities Inauguration|
|13 - 14th May 2015 & 19 -20th May 2015||CREO 3.0 & ANSYS 16 Software training|
|13th March 2015||ACT automotive Training|
|Batch||Number of Students Enrolled|
|S.No||Name of the Staff||Designation|
|11||Mr.H.MD Shabirulla||Associate Professor|
|12||Mr.V.P.Durai Raj||Associate Professor|
|13||Mr. Nakkeeran S||Associate Professor|
|14||Mr. Jose anandh vino V||Associate Professor|
|22||Mr.Jeswin Arputha Balan||Associate Professor|
|24||Mr.N.Lenin Rakesh||Associate Professor|
|25||Mr.R.J.Golden Renjith Nimal||Associate Professor|
|26||Mr.A.Saravana kumar||Assistant Professor|
|32||Mr.Arun .V.Rejus Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|33||Mr.K.Sathish kumar||Assistant Professor|
|35||Mr.S.Jeeva Bharathi||Assistant Professor|
|37||Mr.S.Sangeeth Kumar||Assistant Professor|