About the Department
Computer Science and Engineering is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in computer systems. The CSE Department Endeavour’s to be an important regional, national, and international resource center for the development of Computing, IT and Software systems and applications.
We at this University envision and constantly strive to provide an excellent academic and research ambience for the students and faculty to inherit a professional competence along with human dignity and values. We generate competent professionals to become part of the industry and research organizations. Empower the students of computer science and Engineering Department to be technologically adept, innovative, self-motivated and responsible global citizen possessing human values and contribute significantly towards high quality technical education.
- To mould the Computer Science and Engineering graduates to global standards with expertise and knowledge to shoulder accountable position in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
- Providing a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on nurturing and entitlement of computing principles and foundations.
- Teach professional behavior, strong ethical values, innovative research capabilities and leadership abilities.
- Provide intellectual inputs to knowledge-based industries in the form of qualified and trained manpower.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
The curriculum structure ensures an in-depth study of the major areas of computer engineering by providing a strong mathematical foundation, a balanced view of hardware and software design and application techniques. The programme aims to train students in computer engineering skills with emphasis on design and application of computer hardware and software.Post Graduate
The postgraduate program prepares scholars to become leaders in knowledge-driven professions by providing a learning environment strongly focused on collaborative, interdisciplinary research. Students learn to reach across traditional academic boundaries, to seek the knowledge and resources needed to solve important technological problems. The educational experience helps students choose from a number of challenging paths to reach their goal of a degree in a particular discipline.Research Focus
Research groups in the department comprising databases, soft computing, web services, biometrics, networks, cloud computing and mobile OS.Advantage
Well equipped lab facilities. Experienced faculty including guest lecturers from around the world. Excellent placement record.
PROGRAMS WE OFFER
|Curriculum and Syllabus|
|Undergraduate Programmes (4 Years)|
|B.Tech. - Computer Science & Engineering|
|Postgraduate Programmes (2 Years)|
|M.Tech CSE - Big Data Analytics|
Awards and Achievements
|S.No||Name of |
|Details of |
|1||Dr.K.P. Kaliyamurthie||NSS Co-ordinator||2008-2012||Bharath University|
|2||Dr.A.Kumaravel||Session Chairperson for IEEE Conference||2013||Saveetha University|
|3||Dr.A.Kumaravel||Resource Person for AICTE workshop||2012||Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering in|
|4||Dr.A.Kumaravel||Chief Guest for Workshop||2013|| Gojan school of |
|5||Dr.A.Kumaravel|| Resource person for Research|
|6||Dr.A.Kumaravel|| Resource person for Resource |
|7||Dr.A.Kumaravel||Resource person for Resource Excellence Workshop||2013||Monash University Singapore|
|8||Mrs.C.Nalini||Session Chairperson for Workshop||2013|| Aarupadai Veedu Institute|
|9||Mrs.C.Nalini||Session Chairperson for Workshop||2014||Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering|
|10||Mrs.C.Nalini||Session Chairperson for Workshop||2013||Raasi College of Engineering|
|11||Mrs.C.Nalini||Session Chairperson for Workshop||2013|| SKP College of|
|12||Mrs.C.Nalini||Chief Guest for Workshop||2013||Gojan school of business and technology|
|13||Mr.AR.Arunachalam||Best Teacher Award||2012||Bharath University|
|14||Mrs.S.Brintha Rajakumar||Second Prize in “Article Writing and Publication”||2013||Bharath University|
|15||Mrs.K. Rajakumari||Best Teacher Award||2013||Bharath University|
|16||Dr.C.Nalini||Best Teacher Award||2014|| Global Economic Research Association, |
|17||Mrs.Kerana Hanirex||Best Teacher Award||2014||Bharath University|
- Mr.Yukesh and Mr.Dilip Participated and won the Second prize International Robotics Competition held at Iran in the year 2013.
- Mr.Ramanajulu Reddy got placement in Microsoft Corporation, Hyderabad in the year 2011.
- Mr. Anish Rajan Shaw, III CSE Won the I Prize in Maths Agenda Event in SSN College of Engineering Symposium on 2014.
- Mr. Dinesh Kumar, III CSE Won the I Prize in Pradarshini Event in Kilpauk Medical College Symposium on 2014.
- Mr. Dinesh Kumar, III CSE Won the III Prize in Paper Presentation Event in VIT University Symposium on 2014.
- Mr. Himanshu Kumar Paswan, III CSE Won the III Prize in Code Debugging in Anna University Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.M.Naveen Mohan , III CSE Won the I Prize in Google It Event in GKM College of Engineering Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.M.Naveen Mohan , III CSE Won the II Prize in Google It Event in Crescent Engineering College Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.B.Sathish Kumar , III CSE Won the I Prize in Poster Designing Event in GKM College of Engineering Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.B.Sathish Kumar , III CSE Won the I Prize in Google It Event in SRM Eswari Engineering College Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.V.Sanjeevi,III CSE Won the III Prize in Quiz Event in Tagore Engineering College Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.P.S.Rajan , III CSE Won the III Prize in Google It Event in SRM Valliammai Engineering College Symposium on 2014.
- Mr.K.G.Vinoth , II CSE Won the I Prize in Verbal War Event in Lakshmi Ammal Engineering College Symposium on 2013.
- Mr.K.G.Vinoth , II CSE Won the I Prize in Adzap Event in Lakshmi Ammal Engineering College Symposium on 2013.
- Mr.P.Vignesh , II CSE Won the I Prize in Quiz Event in Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering collegeSymposium on 2013.
- Mr.P.Yeshwanth , II CSE Won the I Prize in Technical Quiz Event in Anna University Symposium on 2013.
- Mr.P.Yeshwanth , II CSE Won the I Prize in Debugging Event in SRM University Symposium on 2013.
- Mr.P.Suresh Kumar, IV CSE Won the I Prize in Debugging Event in GKM Engineering College Symposium on 2013.
- Mr.D.Tamilselvan, IV CSE Won the II Prize in Debugging Event in GKM Engineering College Symposium on 2013.
- Ms.Punam Rani,IV CSE Won the II Prize in Mehandi Event in Jerusalem College of Engineering Symposium on 2012.
- Mr.S.Thameem Ansari, IV CSE Won the I Prize in Gaming Event in SRM Easwari Engineering College Symposium on 2012.
- Mr.Rigson Xavier, IV CSE Won the I Prize in Gaming Event in SA Engineering College Symposium on 2012.
- Mr.N.Premkumar, IV CSE Won the II Prize in Gaming Event in Jerusalem College of Engineering Symposium on 2012.
- Ms.Prativi Rani, IV CSE Won the I Prize in Adzap Event in Tagore College of Engineering Symposium on 2011.
- Mr.Karthikeyan V V R, IV CSE Won the III Prize in Debugging Event in Muthukumaran Engineering College Symposium on 2011.
- Mr.Muntazar Khan, IV CSE Won the III Prize in Treasure Hunt Event in GKM College of Engineering Symposium on 2011.
- Ms.Rathanna Renjeni. IV CSE Won the II Prize in Google It Event in Anna University Symposium on 2010.
|18th September 2009||International Conference on Advanced Technologies|
|30th-31st March 2011||International Conference on Recent Advancement in computing Technology|
|15th-16th March 2012||International Conference on Information and Advanced Computing|
|21st-22nd June 2012||International Conference on Recent Advancement in Software Engineering|
|25th March 2009||National Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing (NCRTAC’09)|
|24th July 2009||National Conference on Robotics (NCR’09)|
|29th April 2010||National Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing (NCRTAC-2010)|
|28th September 2010||National Conference on Recent Trends in Robotics(NCRTR’10)|
|03rd March 2011||National Conference on Networks & Computing Systems(NCNCS’11)|
|22nd September 2011||National Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing (NCRTAC-11)|
|08th March 2012||National Conference on Emerging and Innovative Trends in Computing Technology (NCEITCT’12)|
|04th September 2012||National Conference on Software Engineering (NCSE-12)|
|20th May 2013||National Conference on Advanced Computing (NCAC’13)|
|29th October 2013||National Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing (NCRTAC-2013)|
|11th April 2014||National Conference on Recent Advancements in Computing Technology(NCRACT’14)|
|31st March 2015||National Conference on Recent Trends in Computing (NCRTC’15)|
|08th January 2009||Seminar on Components of Networking|
|11th February 2009||Seminar on GPRS|
|16th July 2009||Seminar on Lexical Analysis|
|13th August 2009||Seminar on Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication|
|06th January 2010||Seminar on Mobile IP|
|10th February 2010||Seminar on GPS|
|15th July 2010||Seminar on Analysis of Software Risk|
|12th August 2010||Seminar on Speech Recognition System|
|11th January 2011||Seminar on Providing Security to Desktop Datagrid|
|17th February 2011||Seminar on Virtual Memory|
|06th July 2011||Seminar on Geographical Information System|
|17th August 2011||Seminar on 3G Mobile Communication|
|09th February 2012||Seminar on Steam Control Transmission Protocol|
|16th March 2012||Seminar on Wireless Network Security and Internetworking|
|24th August 2012||Seminar on Mobile Computing|
|13th September 2012||Seminar on TCP/IP Architecture|
|11th February 2013||Seminar on Parallel Database|
|05th March 2013||Seminar on Bluetooth|
|14th August 2013||Seminar on Clinical Applications using Speech Recognition System|
|03rd September 2013||Seminar on Firewire|
|10th February 2014||Seminar on Collaborative Research|
|04th March 2014||Seminar on Collaborative Research Projects|
|02th August 2014||Seminar on JAVA & J2EE|
|16th August 2014||Seminar on Cloud Computing|
|27th February 2015||Seminar on Ethical Hacking|
|06th August 2015||Seminar on JAVA Technology|
|03rd September 2015||Seminar on Software Engineering|
|11th March 2015||EKALAVYA’15 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|12th March 2014||EKALAVYA’14 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|15th March 2013||EKALAVYA’13 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|09th March 2012||EKALAVYA’12 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|04th March 2011||EKALAVYA’11 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|26th March 2010||EKALAVYA’10 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|13th March 2009||EKALAVYA’09 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|11th February 2008||EKALAVYA’08 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|30th March 2007||EKALAVYA’07 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|10th March 2006||EKALAVYA’06 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|18th February 2005||EKALAVYA’05 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|03rd March 2004||EKALAVYA’04 - National Level Technical Symposium|
|28th January 2009||Workshop on Networking|
|12th August 2009||Workshop on Bluetooth Technology|
|10th February 2010||Workshop on Microprocessor & its operations|
|04th July 2010||Workshop on IP Subnetting|
|24th January 2011||Workshop on Distributed Database|
|10th August 2011||Workshop on Wireless WAP|
|08th February 2012||Workshop on OSI Reference Model|
|23th August 2012||Workshop on Lexical Analysis|
|21st February 2013||Workshop on Intermediate Code Generation|
|05th September 2013||Workshop on Top down and Bottom up Parsing|
|05th February 2014||Workshop on Cloud Computing|
|28th September 2014||Workshop on NS2 Simulator|
|27th February 2015||Workshop on Android Application Development|
|11th September 2015||Workshop on Big Data Analytics|
|20th January 2009||Guest Lecture on Object Oriented Database|
|11th February 2009||Guest Lecture on Natural Language Processing|
|18th March 2009||Guest Lecture on Electric Commerce|
|13th August 2009||Guest Lecture on Decision Support Systems|
|18th September 2009||Guest Lecture on Real Time System using LINUX|
|20th September 2009||Guest Lecture on Fundamentals of Database Design|
|22nd January 2010||Guest Lecture on Real Time Systems|
|16th February 2010||Guest Lecture on Educational Innovations in Multimedia Systems|
|15th March 2010||Guest Lecture on Components in Real Time System|
|15th July 2010||Guest Lecture on Communication optimization for parallel computing|
|20th August 2010||Guest Lecture on Shared memory multiprocessor|
|23th September 2010||Guest Lecture on Intelligent Decision support systems|
|24th January 2011||Guest Lecture on Electronic Commerce System|
|22nd February 2011||Guest Lecture on Destination Set Prediction to improve Bandwidth|
|16th March 2011||Guest Lecture on Intelligent Decision Support System|
|16th August 2011||Guest Lecture on Social Implication of mobile communication|
|15th September 2011||Guest Lecture on Natural Language Processing tools|
|04th October 2011||Guest Lecture on Object Oriented Design|
|11th January 2012||Guest Lecture on Parallel Computing|
|21st February 2012||Guest Lecture on Ecommerce and Entrepreneur|
|20th March 2012||Guest Lecture on Artificial Neural Networks|
|07th August 2012||Guest Lecture on Multimedia System & Applications|
|12th September 2012||Guest Lecture on Latches and Flipflops|
|21th September 2012||Guest Lecture on Methods of Rural Connectivity|
|18th January 2013||Guest Lecture on 3G Mobile Communication|
|13th February 2013||Guest Lecture on Digital Logic Design|
|18th March 2013||Guest Lecture on Internet Growth|
|13th August 2013||Guest Lecture on TCP wrapper Cryptography|
|19th September 2013||Guest Lecture on Datawarehousing and Datamining|
|03th October 2013||Guest Lecture on Multimedia Systems|
|23rd January 2014||Guest Lecture on 5G Wireless System|
|24th January 2014||Guest Lecture on Artificial Intelligence|
|27th January 2014||Guest Lecture on Cloud Computing|
|06th August 2014||Guest Lecture on Android Application Development|
|27th August 2014||Guest Lecture on Grid Computing|
|24th September 2014||Guest Lecture on Cyber Security|
|06th February 2015||Guest Lecture on Advanced Datamining|
|13th February 2015||Guest Lecture on Database Technology|
|19th August 2015||Guest Lecture on Web Technology|
|07th October 2015||Guest Lecture on Data Structures and Algorithm|