About the Department
Bharath Institute of Science & Technology was started in the year 1984. It acquired deemed to be University status in the year 2013 by UGC. Bharath University was established under the aegis of Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust with the aim of imparting higher knowledge in Science and Technology, Medicine and Management.
The Department of Management Studies was established in the year 1992. The Department of Management Studies offers MBA and Ph.D (Full time & Part Time). The MBA programme offers various 12 specializations.
The Department has earned over the years an enviable reputation for excellence; thanks to instruction by the highly qualified academics of distinction. The Department boasts of qualified faculty members with rich experience in academic, industry and research. Students who have graduated are already serving in responsible positions, in India and aboard. They have beautifully evolved and have blossomed as managers and entrepreneurs.
To be a leading management institution with a passion for academic excellence, uncompromising human values and an abiding commitment for the development of business and society through excellence in grooming leadership, entrepreneurial talent and research
- To be the preferred choice for students, faculty and recruiters.
- To foster a worldview that promotes diversity, inclusion and ethical participation in the interconnected world of business
- To imbibe entrepreneurial culture through curriculum, pedagogy, research and mentoring.
- To equip students for global business leadership.
- To forge meaningful partnerships with the industry, academic, government and social sector such that sustainable businesses are built fulfilling the collective needs of various stakeholders and the society at large
The P.G program of the School leading to the award of MBA Degree is semester based - 4 for Full time and 6 for Part time . Innovative courses are included, for instance a 3 credit course on Japanese Management Techniques. Dual Specialization is offered and 25 electives are offered including one on Hospital Management. Recently topics of current interest such as Outsourcing Management, Industrial and Business Finance and Commercial Banking have been included as electives.
Specialized Certificate and P.G Diploma programs in Functional Management areas and for different groups are also on the anvil. For instance, P.G Diploma in Management for educated house wives, P.G Diploma for working executives without formal degree etc. Rural Development Cell, a rejuvenated Consultancy Cell, Centre of Excellence in Total Quality Management etc. are also being implemented. Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) with the assistance of Government of India is also being set up. Similarly with the assistance of SIDBI, A Centre for SME Governance is also being established as part of Bharath University SMS. The SMS for the first time in the country has tied up with the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance for offering the Diploma Course in Banking and Finance. Moreover, the SMS has plans to offer technical and financial consultancy services to all the needy small and medium industries in Chinglepet, Chennai and Kancheepuram districts.
- Partner with Ivy League International Universities
- Include Professors form International Universities and IIM’s as Adjunct and Visiting and faculty.
- Attract major funded projects from Funding agencies, Corporate India and Government entities.
- Institute prestigious awards for the best corporate house for practicing Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Establish a Management Development Centre to conduct Executive Development Programmes.
- Achieve 100% placements and the average salary in par with International B-Schools.