Computer Science Engineering
About the Department
Computer Science and Engineering is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in computer systems. The CSE Department Endeavour’s to be an important regional, national, and international resource center for the development of Computing, IT and Software systems and applications.
We at this University envision and constantly strive to provide an excellent academic and research ambience for the students and faculty to inherit a professional competence along with human dignity and values. We generate competent professionals to become part of the industry and research organizations. Empower the students of computer science and Engineering Department to be technologically adept, innovative, self-motivated and responsible global citizen possessing human values and contribute significantly towards high quality technical education.
- To mould the Computer Science and Engineering graduates to global standards with expertise and knowledge to shoulder accountable position in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
- Providing a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on nurturing and entitlement of computing principles and foundations.
- Teach professional behavior, strong ethical values, innovative research capabilities and leadership abilities.
- Provide intellectual inputs to knowledge-based industries in the form of qualified and trained manpower.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
The curriculum structure ensures an in-depth study of the major areas of computer engineering by providing a strong mathematical foundation, a balanced view of hardware and software design and application techniques. The programme aims to train students in computer engineering skills with emphasis on design and application of computer hardware and software.
The postgraduate program prepares scholars to become leaders in knowledge-driven professions by providing a learning environment strongly focused on collaborative, interdisciplinary research. Students learn to reach across traditional academic boundaries, to seek the knowledge and resources needed to solve important technological problems. The educational experience helps students choose from a number of challenging paths to reach their goal of a degree in a particular discipline.
Research groups in the department comprising databases, soft computing, web services, biometrics, networks, cloud computing and mobile OS.
Well equipped lab facilities. Experienced faculty including guest lecturers from around the world. Excellent placement record.